Visa Types

Puerto Rico Student visa

Puerto Rico is an unincorporated territory of the United States and as such, students from Puerto Rico may be eligible to apply for a student visa depending on the type of institution they wish to attend. Generally, students attending a university or college in the United States will need a student visa in order to study abroad. Student visas are available from the U.S. Embassy in San Juan, Puerto Rico, and allow students to stay in the United States for up to 12 months. Students must prove that they are able to financially support themselves during their stay and demonstrate that they will return to Puerto Rico once their studies are complete.


Find Your Visa
Study and live

Permits students to study and live in Puerto Rico for an extended period of time...
Read more

Find Your Visa
Supports development

Supports the development of language, culture, and social skills.

Find Your Visa
Explore career paths

Allows students to explore diverse career paths and experiences.

Find Your Visa
Create relationships

Offers opportunities to build relationships with people from other countries and...
Read more

Find Your Visa

Visa Providers

No company data available.

Puerto Rico Student visa - Find Your Visa




Start Now